Are you an artist? Are you a teacher? Do you enjoy teaching young minds about art? Not sure if this is a remote position.
We’re hiring for the 2018-19 school year!
Engaging, resilient, flexible, proactive—these are just a few of the characteristics you should possess as a Teaching Artist which we call a Leadership Trainer. In this role, you will be responsible for bringing mentoring and facilitation through our unique student-centered approach into multiple NYC schools.
Think you’re an ideal candidate? Well then, you’re a resourceful and tenacious motivator. You are comfortable working in many different settings. You’re a self-starter, and you’re highly motivated, with the willingness and ability to work well both in a team and with a great degree of autonomy. You come from a strongly resourceful orientation, and your dedication to learn and grow is unmatched. We are hiring for multiple positions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work independently in some of the most challenging NYC public schools
- Learn and facilitate our curricula
- Serve as a mentor and positive role model
- Recruit and retain students as needed
- Utilize your background to work on special projects and activities with students and community members
- Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings in our offices
- Be prepared to work in any of our school communities
- Be physically prepared to meet the demands of setting up your physical spaces at school sites, pick-up and drop-off supplies, and faciliate the activities of your assigned placements
- Submit appropriate paperwork and enter activity logs, attendance, and other data into our on-line database bi-weekly
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- A minimum of two years experience working in city public schools or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well and collaborate with team members
- Are already, or ready to be, fingerprinted through the State Department of Education
- We are in need of candidates with backgrounds in martial arts, athletics, multimedia, chess, and dance, so these skillsets are a major plus, be sure to highlight them. We are also in need of Spanish speakers for a gifted and talented program.
- Experience in Restorative Justice a major plus
- After school rates start at $115 for 3-hour placements/residencies.
Don’t check all our boxes but still think you’d be a perfect fit for the position? Send us a submission and argue your case. Not ready for work until the new school year? Send us what you’ve got. We’d love to give you a shot.